How did it all begin? Established in 1994, Celebration, FL is a planned community created by the real estate development division of The Walt Disney Company. Famous architects were commissioned to develop the master plan. The first Celebration residents took occupancy during the summer of 1996. The town Center was completed in late fall of the same year.
- Does Disney still own Celebration? In 2004 Lexin Capital, a private real estate investment company, purchased the 16-acre town center from The Walt Disney Company. However, the “Disney-esque” atmosphere (as some visitors have called it) remains, particularly in the Market Street area.
- Who created the master plan for Celebration and what served as the design inspiration? Robert A.M Stern and Jaquelin Robertson created the master plan for Celebration. They modeled it after small American towns and neighborhoods from the early 1900’s. In the Celebration Town Center you will find a mixture of residence and businesses. The area included shops, restaurants, offices, banks and the like. You will also find a walking path that circles a beautiful lake. The set up encourages leisurely strolls and lingering meals at outdoor cafes.
- What are the Celebration Villages? Scattered throughout Celebration you will find the following Villages: Celebration Village, North Village, Roseville Corner, West Village, South Village, Lake Evelyn, East Village, Artisan Park, and Spring Lake. Spring Lake is currently in development. Each of the areas consists of mixed housing types including some combination of single family homes (from bungalows to estate homes), condos and townhomes.
- What style homes are there in Celebration? Celebration offers many home styles suitable to different budgets. You will find condos, townhomes, duplex, single family homes and estate homes. Architectures vary and include Classical, Coastal, Victorian, Craftsman, Mediterranean, French and Italian.
- Does the Celebration Town Center host events? The answer is definitely YES!! All year long you will find events at the Celebration Town Center. There truly is something for everyone. The interest ranges from exotic car shows to a Posh Pooch Festival! You’ll find various seasonal events throughout the year including Octoberfest and a special winter event featuring nightly snowfall. Visit http://celebrationtowncenter.com/events for a full list of scheduled events.
Have more questions about Celebration? If you are interested in learning more, then you have come to the right place. Waypoint Real Estate Group serves Central Florida, specializing in Celebration, FL. Give us a call today!