Is your home on the market? Are you planning on listing soon? Waypoint Real Estate Group wants to share with you some tips for success and today we want to talk about the perfect open house. Are cookies and lemonade the answer? Should you put out balloons? Should you worry about someone snooping through your stuff? We are here to answer your questions and walk you through the process step by step.
1. Prepare your home for an open house. Whatever it is you need to do to impress a potential buyer should be done before you open your doors to the community. Make repairs, paint, fix floorboards and eliminate eyesores. While you are fixing up your house start the staging process. Waypoint Real Estate Group can expertly assist with the staging of your home. We are happy to preview your home and provide tips and assistance with staging, or read our staging blog, Staging Your Home to Sell. Don’t forget your front yard and entryway! A beautiful entry way is a great way to get someone in the door.
2. Be cautious during your open house. We can only hope that no one will touch your valuables, but whenever you are inviting strangers into your home you should be extra cautious. Hide away your treasures in a locked box or take some things over to a friend’s house during your open house. Make sure to protect important personal documents such as passports and social security cards.
3. Make sure your home is market ready. Set the temperature to a comfortable setting. Put out some fresh flowers. Fill the rooms with light to create a warm and welcoming feeling. If you would like to, set out some cookies and lemonade for potential buyers to enjoy. Try to be a good open house hostess, even though you won’t be there.
4. Ensure that your open house is property marketed. Waypoint Real Estate Group can take care of this for you. Real Estate apps can be notified about your open house, making it easier for home seekers to find you. Make sure you are interacting with sites such as Zillow, Trulia and Realtor.com for maximum results.
5. Prepare yourself for your open house. Yes, this means leave. Let us handle the showing of your home and the interaction with potential buyers. While it can be tempting to want to stay and see what people think of the home, busying yourself will both relax you and make it more comfortable for potential buyers. If you have pets that can be taken out of the house, do so whenever possible. We know you love your pets, but potential buyers may have allergies or a fear of animals.
Have additional questions about the open house experience? Just want to learn more about selling tips in general? Give Waypoint Real Estate Group a call today and we can help you sell your home and buy your next one. We look forward to your call!
Waypoint Real Estate Group / Keller Williams at the Lakes serves Central Florida, specializing in Celebration, FL.